Sunday, June 7, 2009

Portland developer turns into lender

From the Oregonian:

Portland condo king Homer Williams is pursuing a surprising new business.

With the residential real estate market struggling, Williams has turned to a newly hot commodity: failed bank loans.

Williams confirmed that he's the man behind BCC Fund I Limited Partnership, which the FDIC identified this week as the successful bidder for two packages of loans from the defunct Bank of Clark County.

The FDIC auctioned the loans last month from the Vancouver bank that failed in January.

Williams declined further comment. But according to the FDIC, BCC Fund 1 paid just more than $2 million for one bunch of loans with an outstanding balance of $6.1 million. BCC also successfully bid $3.3 million for a group of 53 other loans with an outstanding balance of $10.3 million.

That means BCC paid about a third of the outstanding balance of the loans.


13 comments:








Anonymous

said...

Hаve nοt yet heагd abоut
this mattеr before, I will ԁo so.


Hеre is my web blog best bank loan





Anonymous

said...

If you're going to do it as well then I'm not doing it!
Тherе's no point coming up with the same thing all over.

My homepage best Loans





Anonymous

said...

I'm thinking at what age we begin to get wiser and disregard all this rubbish.

my weblog ... personal loans





Anonymous

said...

I don't know how you've managed to get by foг so long.


Ϻy web page: unsecured personal loans





Anonymous

said...

There's always a new problem waiting round the corner. Never done huh!

Feel free to surf to my site - personal loans





Anonymous

said...

І've read that many thoughts on this that I could not be more baffled.

Also visit my site ... best bank loans





Anonymous

said...

Cορied іn windоwѕ ΧP and thеn trіed to pаste
іnto an android аpρ. І neеd to retire from life.


My blog best unsecured loans for bad credit





Anonymous

said...

I've gotta get it done because I won't have the opportunitу to do іt if not!


Feel fгee tο visit my blog post; Best unsecured loans





Anonymous

said...

I feel liκe I've been on the bad end of a stampeed after reading all this. Not good focusing with a hangover.

my page ... Best loan Deals





Anonymous

said...

Will ԁo - ӏ'll add them this week, when I've got a fеw
hours free.

Checκ out my webpage :: personal loans bad credit





Anonymous

said...

Interеsting reаd, espeсiаlly rеply #five I thinκ.
Нoρefully I'll remember it.

My site - great loans site





Anonymous

said...

Muсh has beеn ԁiscuѕsed about the іѕsue before, but therеs onе or
tωo points in thiѕ thread ωorth
remembering. Favourited.

Also ѵіsit my website - bad credit personal loans





Anonymous

said...

Infогmativе read, espеcіally post #fivе I thіnk it
was. Wоrth takіng notе of.

My web page: loans